Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Ulta Haul!

I ordered this stuff a little over a week ago, got one box last week, and finally got the second box!

 This entire group was $55.05 which includes samples and two free bonus bags.

Ahava Mineral Body Lotion, Purifying Mud Mask, and All in One Toning Cleanser
 Free bonus bag number one! (Oddly enough, all my free stuff came in the first box I got.) I have never heard of Ahava before this, but thought "hey, it's free, why not?". The cleanser I'll get some use out of, but I'm giving away the lotion and the mud mask. I tried out the mud mask yesterday and it smelled like my cat's litter box. No joke. I'm pretty sensitive to smells, so it might be just me. But that's going to friends.

Benefit's Fake Up in Medium. Lorac's POREfection Mattifying Face Primer. Anastasia's clear brow gel. Butter London Polish in Snog. Pur Minerals Big Blink Extreme Mascara.
Free bonus bag number 2! I was so beyond excited for this. I love love love trying new things, especially for free!
 
Benefit's Fake Up in Medium.
This is *so* going to a friend. I am not "medium" in any sense of the word. I am pale, fair, white, ghost... whatever other word you can think of.
 
Butter London polish in Snog.
Love the name! This is the pinkest polish I now own. (This was originally going to be next Sunday's "Nails of the Week" polish, but I'm expecting my Ipsy bag any day now and want to use the one I'm getting in there.)

Ulta Shampoos and Conditions - Smooth & Protect and Volume & Strength.
 I'm trying to get more into haircare and it seems like the first stop is getting rid of sulfates. Now, I have no idea what that does for hair really. But I figured, let's try it!
 
Ulta cotton swabs, Batiste Dry Shampoo in Original, Capelli New York headbands, Red Carpet Manicure's Purify, NYX Butter Lipstick in Hunk, and Sally Hansen Big Matte Top Coat.
Miscellaneous! Guys, the cotton swabs I have right now are so freaking flimsy it's insane, that's the entire reason I ordered these. How in the world can I clean up my lipstick if the swab is bending every which way?!
 
NYX Butter Lipstick in Hunk
I'm in love. This formula is amazing. I have a major dryness issue when it comes to lipsticks. I constantly apply lip balms and lick my lips (a habit I'm trying to stop), but my lips feel dry all the time. This lipstick felt like butter (haha, it's in the name). They feel moisturizing like a balm, but have the pigmentation of a lipstick. I need more. THIS is why my no buy is until NYX goes on sale.

Sally Hansen Big Matte Top Coat
This surprised even me, but this is my favorite thing of bunch right now and all I did was test it on the Butter London polish I just got above. I knew matte polishes existed, but when I saw the top coat, I had to have it. At first, it looked like it did nothing, but then as it dried, the polish lost it's shine entirely. I love the look just because it's something different, every polish and top coat I have is shiny.

But my friend, Nikki (over at Defined by Nikki), explained it better after I sent her a picture of my nails: "That is awesome as a night time look I think. I love bright colors but at an evening dinner, it just doesn't mesh well. When you dumb the shine down I think it's more suitable!"

Benefit's Laugh With Me Lee Lee car perfume hanger, Matrix shampoo and conditioner, Yes to Carrots body butter
Free samples! I'm excited to try these. The car perfume hanger will probably end up in someone else's car at some point (again, sensitive to smells) but I'm willing to try it out.
 
Well, my loves, that's all for today. You can now picture me typing this out, laptop on my lap, and surrounded by all the products you see here, along with the Ulta box and all the plastic that everything (seriously, they wrapped pretty much everything separately!) was wrapped in.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment