Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Review - Sally Hansen Big Matte Top Coat (*BONUS* NOTW)

Butter London in Smog. Sally Hansen Big Matte Top Coat.
I have never used a matte top coat or had one used on me before. Meanwhile, I've been doing my nails or getting them done since I was a child. Granted, I didn't really know what "matte" meant until around a year ago when I fully started getting into makeup and nail polish.

So, when I made my Ulta order a few weeks ago and needed another $5 to throw me into Free Shipping (magic words) territory, I figured "Hey, why not?".

And I do not regret it.

It feels out of place (who knows why) to wear a bright, glossy, pink nail polish into an office setting. Will I be looked down on for it? Probably not. (In fact, my office tends to love my nails when I do them in whatever color.) But I'm hoping to interview at other places soon and who knows what their attitudes will be.

When I put this polish on, I loved it. Out of place feelings aside, a bright, peppy pink is a perfect cheerer upper.

The above pictures (left: no flash, right: flash) show the polish without the matte top coat on.

When I put the top coat on, I loved it even more. This is my perfect Office!Pink.


Above pictures (left: no flash, right: flash) are using the top coat. You'll probably have the click the pictures open to really see the difference. <grumble>I need a new camera.</grumble>

I'm pretty much in love with this. Five stars if it lasts at least two days. My coworker suggested I do a french manicure-ish look with the matte as the full nail and then glossy on the tips (inspired by a pin on Pinterest). I'll most likely be trying that look out the next time I want to do some mattifying.

I bought (no joke, first wrote that as "bout" - evidence of the week I'm having) mine at Ulta, but there's always Amazon, Target, and various drugstores. Looks like it's around the same price at $5.50-$5.99.

<singsong> Worth it </singsong>

No comments:

Post a Comment