Thursday, March 13, 2014

March 2014 Ipsy Unwrapping! "Destination Beauty"

From the tag: "The print of this exclusive ipsy makeup bag is a selection from artist Klari Reis' geography-based series, "Street Anatomy," and showcases San Francisco, CA (Reis' hometown and ipsy headquarters). To view more from Klari, please visit her website at www.klariart.com."

What is Ipsy?
Ipsy is a beauty subscription service. For $10 per month, subscribers receive a makeup bag filled with 4-5 beauty items each month. Some sample sizes, some full sizes. The item's values always add up to more than $10 so that you always get you're money's worth. You can subscribe on a month to month basis for $10 each month or subscribe for a full year for $110 (meaning one month for free).

If you want to check out Ipsy and sign up, just click HERE. (That is my referral link.)

With that said, here's what I got in my March Ipsy bag!


Nicole by OPI Roughles in On What Grounds?. Be a Bombshell eyeshadow quad in Bora Bora. bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lipstick in Get Ready. Pixi Beauty Flawless Beauty Primer.

These bags are always a hit or miss with a lot of people, but I'm on my second month and I've loved everything. I like trying new things and even if I don't like it - the bag was $10.

To prove that I got my money's worth and more, here's a run down of each item plus the exclusive deals that ipsy subscribers get this month.

bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in "Get Ready" .05oz.  The full sized version is worth $18 at .12oz, which makes this sample size worth around $7.50. 

Deal: Free Lash Domination 10-in-1 Volumizing Mascara sample and free shipping on any purchase.


I've been wearing this lipstick for a little over an hour now and I think I love it. The color works on me, it's not overly drying, and I love companies that send decent sample sizes(!).


Nicole by OPI Roughles in "On What Grounds?" .5 fl oz. This is full sized and worth $8.

No deal.


I feel like I'm wearing the beach on my fingernails. Can't decide if I love it or not. The color is amazing, but the texture of it is going to take some getting used to. I run my fingers through my hair a lot, so I'm a little worried about it catching. But we'll see.


Be a Bombshell eyeshadow quad in Bora Bora. This full sized quad is worth $18.

Deal: 40% off any purchase and a free fuchsia lip crayon.


When I first found out I was getting this in my bag, I texted my friend, "Dude, the quad alone is almost double the bag!" So, there's that. I'm excited to try this baby out. The shadows are smooth and pigmented, not much more I could ask for.

Pixi Beauty Flawless Beauty Primer 12mL. A full sized bottle is 30mL and $22, so this should be worth about $9.

Deal: 25% off any purchase


When I first put a dot of primer on my skin, I thought "Oh no, another tinted product too dark for me," but it blended into my skin perfectly. Will be using this one tomorrow to see how it works out.

My bag altogether is worth $42.50 not including the makeup bag itself!


Here's a list of what else was available:
  • NYX Love in Rio Eye Shadow Trio Deal: 25% off NYX Butter Lip Balm
  • Pacifica Body Butter Deal: 20% off any purchase
  • bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss Deal:(same as above bareMinerals deal)
  • Chella Indigo Blue Eyeliner Deal:25% off any purchase
  • Klorane Smoothing and Releasing Patches Deal:15% off any Klorane purchase
  • Missha M Perfect Cover BB Cream Deal: Free gift with any purchase
  • Vita Liberata pHenomenal 2-3 Week Tan Lotion Deal:Buy the 2-3 week Tan Lotion, get 3 free gifts ($99 value) and free shipping
Over all, I'm extremely happy with what Ipsy chose to send me.

Again, if you want to check out Ipsy's site and sign up, just click HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment