Monday, April 14, 2014

Ulta 20% Off Haul!

Yes, I am still on a no buy, but every time I start a no buy, I'm still waiting on orders! After this, I'm just waiting on a NYX order from Hautelook, but they take forever to ship. So, we'll see when I get that.

Anyway! Here's what I got with my 20% off coupon at Ulta:
benefit's B. Right Radiant Skincare 6pc Intro Kit. Urban Decay's Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup.
Both came out to $54.75 (including tax) after the 20% off coupon. Plus I got their 3 piece sampler and a free set of perfume samples with a $25 purchase.

From left to right: Total Moisture Facial Cream (.1oz),  Moisture Prep Toning Lotion (.3 fl oz), Foamingly Clean Facial Wash (.3oz), Refined Finish Facial Polish (.3oz), Triple Performing Facial Emulsion (.3 US fl oz), and It's Potent! Eye Cream (.1oz)

Now, I got this partly because I needed another $24 added to my cart to get free shipping. I hate paying for shipping. But does anyone else notice how cute these freaking bottles are! They are literally just a mini version of their full sized. The full sized bottles are nice, but these just make me go "aww" for some reason. I just love their packaging. Actually, I go on a packaging love affair with this haul.

For the past couple days, I've used the facial cream and the eye cream. I love the facial cream. Feels moisturizing, but not heavy. The eye cream, I haven't noticed a difference in my under eye area, but here's hoping.

Funny thing about the eye cream. I open everything and smell it (because who wants to put something that smells like poop on their face?). When I opened the eye cream, my first thought was "this smells like beer". And that first thought has not changed. Every time I open it, I just want to go out for wings while drinking the It's Potent! Eye Cream.
 Urban Decay's Naked Skin, $39

My love for Urban Decay continues. First, the packaging. Very sturdy and sleek. And a pump! Foundations need to all come with a pump, in my opinion.

I have trouble matching myself to foundations. I'm extremely pale with a cool undertone. Majority of the foundations I've tried, have warm undertones and make me look yellow. Guys, I don't want to look yellow.

So, I've wanted to try this since I found out that they specifically have cool and warm shades and actually differentiate between them. If you look at the numbers, the warm shades all end in 0 while the cool shades end in 5.

I waffled between the shades .5 and 3.5, but ended up getting the .5. Nothing like standing in Ulta, making my boyfriend look at the swatches on each wrist to help me choose. He's such a good sport.
 I said I was pale. Left is a swatch, right is blended in.

I wouldn't say this is a full coverage foundation right off the bat. But! I do believe you can build it up. So far I've only tried one layer on my face, but I'm loving it. It's a very lightweight foundation. No one wants to leave the house feeling like they're wearing a weight on their face.

 Free samples! (Free with $25 purchase) The site actually said 8pcs, but I guess they weren't counting the two "For Men" samples.

Guys, I'm no perfume expert. I like scents, but if you ask me to describe them, you're in a world of trouble. I smelled all of these and none of them made me want to throw up (or throw them out). I gave the two "For Men" ones to my mom's boyfriend. The rest went into my shot glasses with my other makeup (perfect perfume sample storage!).
More free samples! These are the samples I got when I chose Ulta's "variety sampler" pack. Guess they had some Matrix left over cause I got those same samples last time I ordered. Eh, it's shampoo and conditioner. I have straight hair, so I'm probably going to give the DevaCurl to my mother who has really curly hair.

All in all, I'm excited to try everything including the perfume samples.  I'm hoping that at some point I can start doing an "Empties!" post of things that I loved and ran out of. Pretty sure a lot of this will be in that post as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment