Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Ipsy April 2014 Unbagging! "Beauty Rocks!"

April 2014 Ipsy bag.
What is Ipsy?
Ipsy is a beauty subscription service. For $10 per month, subscribers receive a makeup bag filled with 4-5 beauty items each month. Some sample sizes, some full sizes. The item's values always add up to more than $10 so that you always get you're money's worth. You can subscribe on a month to month basis for $10 each month or subscribe for a full year for $110 (meaning one month for free).

If you want to check out Ipsy and sign up, just click HERE. (That is my referral link.)

With that said, here's what I got in my April Ipsy bag!


 First up! 

Coastal Scents Medium Shadow Brush
Coastal Scents Medium Shadow Brush, Full sized, Value $2.49
Ipsy Deal: 25% off any purchase

The brush is soft, no strays that I can see. I have a few shadow brushes, but it's always nice to have an extra one for when I'm lazy and don't want to clean them.

Turns out that some people received this exact same brush in a previous Ipsy bag. Those that did got an email from Ipsy telling them to let Ipsy know if they'd rather have 500 points or an extra item in their May bag.

Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil
Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil Swatch
Urban Decay 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencil, Black Velvet, Travel Sized .03oz, Value $15
Ipsy Deal: Free deluxe sample of B6 Vitamin-Infused Complexion Prep Spray with $35 purchase.

I'm not impressed. Now, I'm sure that I'll use this. But it feels harder than usual for an Urban Decay liner. It took a few swipes to get a decent line. I have Urban Decay's liner in Perversion as well, and that one is incredibly smooth and takes one swipe to get a clear, black line.

dr. brandt microdermabrasion
dr. brandt microdermabrasion, Travel Sized 7.5g, Value $9.75
Ipsy Deal: 20% off the full sized microdermabrasion and free gift for first 10k purchasers

I'm sure that this will work just fine. It actually feels nicer than the exfoliant I'm using at the moment. But the full sized is $78. No. No no no.

No.

Elizabeth Mott pop! goes the shadow
Elizabeth Mott pop! goes the shadow swatch
Elizabeth Mott pop! goes the shadow, Champagne, Full sized .07oz, Value $12.99
Ipsy Deal: 50% of any purchase

I love champagne-y colors! It is the most loved color in my Lorac Pro. This is probably what I was most excited to get in my bag. It is a little powdery, but I didn't see much fall out while doing the swatch. Then again, I do my eyes first so that I don't have to worry about fall out.

Starlooks Lucious Longwear Lip Pencil
Starlooks Lucious Longwear Lip Pencil swatch
Starlooks Lucious Longwear Lip Pencil, Naked, Full sized .2oz, Value $14
Ipsy Deal: 20% off any purchase

I know it says that you can wear this by itself, but I don't think so. Putting it on my lips, it felt very drying, which is fine for a pencil. But I'd basically use this as a lip liner and put a lipstick or gloss over it.

The value of all the items in my bag is $52.23. Seriously, worth $10, don't you think?

Items in other bags:
  • benefit lollitint .8fl oz
  • Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm .14 oz in either Apple Pink or Acid Pink
  • Cover FX Mattifying Primer with Anti-Acne Treatment .5oz
  • Rainbow Honey nail polish 5mL in Midnight Fountain
  • City Color White Gold Shadow & Highlight Mousse .092oz
  • Demeter Jasmine Perfume Oil Roll On .29fl oz
  • KISS Looks So Natural Lashes in Shy, Pretty, Flirty, Sultry, or Vamp
  • Mary Kay At Play Jelly lip Gloss .32fl oz in Teddy Bare or Berry Me
  • Sexy Hair Root Pump Volumizing Spray Mousse 1.6oz
  • St. Tropez Gradual Tan Plus Anti-Aging Multi-Action Face .5fl oz
  • Such A Tease So Seductive Lashes

No comments:

Post a Comment