Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Mini Unexpected Target Haul!

Unexpected because my no-buy was supposed to begin, but I had a "have to have" moment. I'm waiting an Ulta order to arrive and then my friend and I are on a makeup no buy until June 21st.

But anyway, here's my mini haul.
elf Golden Bronzer and Pixi endless silky eye pen kit
The elf Golden Bronzer was just a random pickup (I have one bronzer that's years old). It was really the Pixi eye pen kit that had me in a frenzy. I bought one of their silky eye pens a while ago when some of them were on clearance and *loved* it. They aren't kidding with the word silky.

We'll start with elf.
elf Golden Bronzer, .44oz, $3

Before I even get to the bronzer, let me tell you how much I love this packaging. I wish my eyeshadows were packaged like this. This is travel proof packaging done right! It's a hard, plastic case that clicks shut with a decent sized mirror on the inside. You don't even know the love I have for this mirror. I am going to have no doubts putting this baby in my overnight bag.

Anyway, the bronzer.
Golden Bronzer swatches. No flash.
Golden Bronzer swatches. With flash.


These are one of the least powdery products I've seen from elf. Now, it's still powder. But I didn't feel like the entire bronzer was going to fall apart when I tried to do swatches. I wish I'd done a swatch of all four colors mixed together, but I didn't - sorry.

I do not like blushes or bronzers that are incredibly pigmented. I am pale. Even the tiniest smidge of color looks like I'm overdoing it sometimes, so these are pretty freaking perfect for me. They are pretty, but not overly... there. I don't know. Excuse my brain farts please.

And now to the eye pens.
Pixi endless silky eye pen kit, 5 x .03oz and sharpener, $25 regularly, $18 at Target

The link above is directly to pixi's website, which has this kit at $25 (like it says right on the box). But when I was browsing Target, I saw the price tag for this kit said $18. It was my "have to have" moment.

Here's some swatches:
Pixi endless silky eye pen kit swatches. With flash.
Pixi endless silky eye pen kit swatches. No flash.
Pixi endless silky eye pen kit swatches. Natural light.
The colors are:

Black Noir - a basic black eyeliner. Took one swipe for a clean, fully black line.
Black Cocoa - a dark brown.
Sage Gold - a sage color with gold shimmer.
Deep Plum - a deep purple. Did take two swipes for a thick line.
Oyster Glow - a frosty cream/nude shade.

I am most excited for Oyster Glow. That is going on my bottom waterline tomorrow.

These were insanely smudge proof. When I do swatches, I tend to rub my arm on my pants to get any color off. So, like I usually do, I rubbed my arm on my pants and went about my business not realizing that these hadn't come off AT ALL. We'll see how it goes getting the liner off tomorrow after work.

And that is my haul. I'm extremely excited. And I think I'm going to have fun while on my no buy.

BONUS




Got this baby at artscow.com for 99cents. I had to google the picture and fit it on the bag, but I am in <3.

No comments:

Post a Comment