Friday, May 16, 2014

Ipsy May 2014 Unbagging! "Fresh Picks"

What is Ipsy?
Ipsy is a beauty subscription service. For $10 per month, subscribers receive a makeup bag filled with 4-5 beauty items each month. Some sample sizes, some full sizes. The item's values always add up to more than $10 so that you always get you're money's worth. You can subscribe on a month to month basis for $10 each month or subscribe for a full year for $110 (meaning one month for free).

If you want to check out Ipsy and sign up, just click HERE. (That is my referral link.)

This month was sparse on makeup. There were more hair care and skin care items. I got three skin care items, a nail polish, and one makeup item. Here's the thing. I'm cool with that. I signed up for Ipsy knowing that I'd be trying new beauty products, not just makeup products. I do agree with some of the complaints on their social media that it should have been a little more spread out (not so much skin care in one bag), but it was still a decent bag for me so I can't complain.

Here's a look at what I got in my bag!

Pur-lisse Pur-moist Hydra Balance Moisturizer, .5oz sample sized, Value about $16
Ipsy Deal: 30% off any purchase

I'm not a huge skin care person, or at least not a picky one. I wash, exfoliate, and moisturize my face, but I'm not overly picky with the products I use. This moisturizer is nice, it's light, and it has a slight lemon(?) scent. I'm not too sure about the scent. One of my exfoliaters has a lemon scent, but that washes off. Leaving something lemon-smelly on my face just doesn't appeal to me. I'll test it out though and get back to you.

Nailtini Straight Up Color Nail Lacquer, in Champagne, full sized, Value $13
Ipsy Deal: 50% off any purchase over $12 and a free eyeliner

I dot not have swatches. I am sorry. I just did my nails two days ago and while I did put this color on my toes, I cannot get a decent picture. It's a metallicy peach color, basically what I think of when someone says champagne. I love colors that actually match their names. It took about three coats to get an opaque color. I usually don't like subtle polishes, I'm all for really bright or dark colors, but not sheer ones. But I actually like this one. It'll probably be the next color I put on my nails. And yes, I'll take pictures.

Hang Ten Classic Sport SPF50, 1oz sample size, Value about $2
Ipsy Deal: 25% off any purchase

I've said before, I'm pale. So any sunscreen is always useful. It feels very light, but it does smell like sunscreen to me. I know some people say it doesn't, but I smell sunscreen and beach when I smell this. I'll wear it when I head to the beach or pool, but I won't be using this everyday.


 
Pacific Mineral Eyeshadow Duo, .07oz full sized, Value about $10
Ipsy Deal: 25% off any purchase

First note: The value is estimated as this seems to be an Ipsy exclusive. They don't sell the duos so I guessed based on how much they sell their set of four shadows for.

Not a fan. The pigmentation on this is horrible. I do like that the purple looks matte. Not a fan of shimmery dark colors. Though technically considering the pigmentation, this isn't dark. I'll try them out, but honestly, trying to get swatches just annoyed me. The second swatch is two swipes after digging my finger into the colors.

Avene Thermal Spring Water, 1.76oz sample size, Value about $3
Ipsy Deal: 15% off Avene products

The first thing I thought when I saw this in my bag was "Really?" The only ingredient in it is "thermal spring water". It was when I was looking up how much it is that I got a little excited to try it. Over 200 reviews on Amazon and almost 5 stars. Over a 100 on drugstore.com and even closer to 5 stars there. I don't get it, but I'll try it. I sprayed it on my face and yeah, it cools it down cause why wouldn't water do that? But it's the other claims that I want to see. Help with inflammation, redness, sensitive skin, irritation, sunburn, diaper rash, after shaving... etc. We'll see.

The value of all the items in my bag is about $44.

Items in other bags:
  • Eva NYC Mane Tamer Leave-in Cream 3.38 fl oz
  • Eva NYC Rock-a-Wave Curl Cream 3.38 fl oz
  • derma e Microdermabrasion Scrub 1 oz
  • Mee Beauty Bee Nourished Night Cream .25 oz
  • Coastal Scents Classic Blender Crease Natural Brush
  • Calvin Klein endless euphoria .1 oz
  • Olive Natural Beauty The Olive Lip Balm .07 oz
  • Boo-Boo Cover-Up in Medium .34 oz
  • Crown Brush Chisel Shader
  • Crown Brush Pro Blending Fluff Brush
  • Bare Foot Spa Professional Exfoliating Polish .5oz
  • Balanced Guru No Frizz Organic Sesame and Lemongrass Balancing Oil .5 oz
  • Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer 2.5 g
  • Swissco Electroplated Eyelash Curler
  • Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm 2.7 g
  • Hey Honey Take it Off! Exfoliating Honey Peel Off Mask 10 mL
  • Eva NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask 2.03 oz
  • Jersey Shore Sun Sans Tan Anti-Aging Sunscreen .5 oz
  • La Fresh Travel Lite Face Cleansing Wipes 8 ct
  • Lulu Blosson Dreamsicle Body Balm 2 oz
(There were a lot of variations this month.)

No comments:

Post a Comment