Thursday, June 12, 2014

Influenster VowVoxBox!

Influenster is a point based. You get points based on your presence on the various social media sites and however many reviews you do on Influenster.

(If you would like an invite to Influenster just let me know by leaving a comment with your email address.)

Every so often Influenster sends out what they call a VoxBox. It's a box full of free goodies! And who can say no to free stuff?! Not this girl. When you get the box, you just have to check in and then do any bonus activities to get even more points. Pretty simple just to get a box of stuff!

The theme for this box is the VowVoxBox as in Weddings! Not sure how I got picked for this one since I'm not getting married and no one I know who is engaged even has a date set. It's probably cause I spend most of my time in the beauty section of Influenster.

Here's what we got:

Riley & Grey, 50% off discount code

I do not have a picture for this because it's just a card with a little description and the code on it. Riley & Grey is a wedding website designer. They have a few website designs you can set up for either $35 per month or $240 per year. So a 50% off discount is nice. I'm not getting married any time soon, but my boyfriend's sister is engaged, so I'll probably give the card to her next time I see her. If she uses it, I'll let you know how it goes!

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure, $7.99
Saw this color in the box and thought "Well, that's definitely a wedding-y color!" and I do like it! The color, I mean. The polish not so much. It took three coats to make it not look streaky and I just get bored after two coats- and as I was typing that sentence, I put a nice little hole in polish on my middle finger. So, it's streaky AND very slow to dry completely. I did my nails around 5pm and it's now close to 9pm.

Sally Hansen... I know you can do better!

Pure Silk Moisturizing Shave Cream, $1.49
I have sensitive skin, so I'm interested to see how this will turn out. Gotta say I've never found a "omg this is amazing" shaving cream or gel. Just seems like one of those things I'd just go in and buy whatever has the prettiest packaging. Cause I'm like that. (It does smell good though.)

EcoTools Pure Complexion Sponge, $5.99
I was happy, surprised, and a little scared to see that someone over at Influenster was reading my mind and knew I was going to pick one of these up! I've heard good things about these things and am going to say that they were right even though I've only used this once.

When you first take this out of the box, you can't squeeze it. It's hard as a rock. Put it under water though and it becomes incredibly soft. Put a little of your cleanser on this bad boy and away you go. I just felt cleaner and smoother afterwards. Can't wait to see how I feel after using it even more. Though, the box does say you need to replace it after a few months.

Tide to Go, 3ct is $7.99
For me, there's not much to say about a Tide to Go pen. I've never actually used one because it's not something I go "oh, I need one of these". But I will definitely be carrying this around in my bag. Love the size, it's extremely lightweight. I've read reviews on it and it seems to do the job it's meant to.

Olay Regenerist Luminous Tone Perfecting Cream, $30.99
This is quite the surprise. I don't have dark spots, which this says it'll "fade the look of" in 8 weeks. But I did test this out just to see how it feels and I wish it was cheaper. It says moisturizer on the bottle, so I'm assuming I can use it just for that too because it's the first moisturizer that didn't make my face feel heavy. Even 30 minutes later, my skin feels hydrated without feeling wet.

I'll most likely give this to my mom though because she uses it already and just steal a few drops every once in a while.

All in all, not a bad VoxBox for my first go!

[Again, the VoxBox and samples instead were all sent to me for free, but my opinions are all true. No sugar coating here!]



No comments:

Post a Comment